These hair chronicles were greatly inspired by Alycia.<3
So before I even get into the lengths I cut my hair I want to address why. In December I permed my hair. Then in January we dyed it red, which came out much darker than I anticipated because I was too afraid to use bleach. Then I got over the fear and we bleached my whole head of hair and put a light brown on it. And though I liked the color, my hair was RUINED. perm+color+bleach+color=BAD.
That is where this story begins.
1. My hair March 16 at the end of my 4month perm+color+bleach+color ordeal.
2. The first cut, March 22, done in my cousins garage.
3. The third or fourth cut April 2
4. The first Professional cut April 9
5. The second professional cut (6th cut) April 12
(I also did a box dye on my hair, back to my natural color)
6. June 11th, two months after the last haircut
7. June 20th, my cousin and her boyfriend took the clippers and shears to my head and cut my fohawk in the hallway downstairs in her house. and I LOVED IT.
8. July 16th, it lays down and the little embryo bangs I love.
9. August 12th. the bangs are longer, the sideburns are growing over my ear again, I am having to wear my beanie again to keep it smooth and flat, and it is kinking at the base of my neck
Am I happy I cut it? yes, I always wondered what short hair would be like and I never had the guts, but similar to Alycia, from December-April I was in a terrible emotional battle with myself and people in my life, I was doing anything to feel like I had control of myself. Short hair was freeing, liberating, my family freaked out, people hated it, complained that my hair used to be so pretty, and for once I could tell them I didnt care and I loved it. I felt good about me, I felt in control, and I felt like I had begun to let go of the bullshit I was harboring in my heart.
Do I want it to grow out? Yes. I loved short hair, but now I am ready for the hundreds of styles I can do while to grows out, and when it is grown out I plan to leave it natural for as long as I can. I want to feel naturally beautiful, Once it is grown out I will probably retire my lip piercing too.
Short hair has been a challenge and an experience to grow from. I couldn’t hide behind pretty hair and my face and flaws took center stage. I had to learn to love my face and my femininity without pretty long hair, and I think I owned my short hair, by fohawk especially. My sister still teases me and calls me uncle Brian, but that is alright with me
this was fun. thanks Trixie=]